Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Experimenting

I won't have much time at all to do the artwork for this book, but that's fine. I know how I want it to look, and it will be a lot of fun.
At the moment I am painting with brushes made from horsehair. It seems to suit it. - I'll need to dig out my lightbox so I can follow my roughs a bit more closely. This drawing was made free-hand on top of a rough colour sketch, which explains why the crocodile is skipping more than he usually would - I was following the jaunty watercolouring I'd put down first.

3 comments:

Steph Ayres said...

Ah beautiful Viv! Wondering if you got the email about the Now & Then project! If you are waaay too busy or not really connecting with the project then thats totally alright! Just thought I would let you know about it. All the best,
Stephanie

Viviane Schwarz said...

I have, and it is on my To Do list, very much.

Steph Ayres said...

Ah wonderful! excited to see your work! <3