Monday, September 23, 2013

The Belly of the Whale

I have been drawing many guts. This book I am making is not very digital - parts are assembled that way, but the actual marks are all real world materials this time.

I painted a load of shapes in watercolour...
 
Then I turned them into organs, using assorted reference books.


Here is part of the finished artwork, digitally assembled.


As you can see, some small creatures find themselves in a tight spot...


All the original artwork goes into a big box on my coffee table, for the time being...


And in case you wondered, here is the hat that was visible in the background in an earlier photo. It's the hat I wore most often in school, and it had gone quite saggy. I shaped it with sugar water and sunlight, it's a reasonably proper pork pie hat again.

No comments: