Monday, March 11, 2013

Leisure

I've had an excellent weekend. I spent my afternoons at WOMAD, doodling random stuff while listening to music. Here's a drawing of someone with dinosaurs.
No idea who that is.

In the morning I did other things - eating tomatoes, swimming in the sea, going to the library...

Researching and comparing assorted beasts.

I also visited a Laurie Anderson exhibition which was humbling and beautiful and inspiring. It was set in a few very dark rooms in such a way that once could  have easily missed parts - at one point I walked into an unmarked elevator, and when the doors opened again I looked out into a dark space, and then an empty office chair rumbled past on rails.
The last room, around a corner, was almost empty, except for what looked like a tiny hologram of Laurie Anderson, sitting in an armchair, telling a story.
I was alone in that room, the first visitor of the morning, and I crouched down on my hands and knees to look her in the face, and listen.

3 comments:

Emma Collins Ba (Hons) said...

Love your drawing of the man with dinosaurs! and the Laurie Anderson exhibition sounds magical! Glad you're having a lovely time :)

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you! I am really enjoying noodling these silly pencil drawings.

Emma Collins Ba (Hons) said...

They are brilliant so keep 'em coming!:)