Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Stressful


I'm furnishing another room inside my latest book full of cats. They have A LOT of furniture this time, and I keep having to invent ways to make it.
I figured it would be OK for once to collage in some copyright-free files, checked the copyright, double checked... yep, they were all free to be used commercially, and altered... but only with attribution. NO!! And I'd already worked in a bunch. That's what I get for taking shortcuts...
I grabbed the spare IKEA shelf that's been in the corridor for weeks, waiting to be chucked out, slapped it into the scanner and replaced all the copyrighted wood with that.

I think I deserve a snack now.

And then I need to digitally fake some printed cardboard to turn into boxes for the cats' box room, because the shops only had boring boxes today. ART IS DIFFICULT.

2 comments:

Emma Collins Ba (Hons) said...

It looks really great!

:D

ReadItDaddy said...

All your trials and tribulations with the cats are so worth it. C's favourite Viv books by far, and we can't wait to see what happens next! Looking fantastic so far!