Friday, January 11, 2013

New Studio!

I'm now based in zone 1 - I have a desk in a friendly shared near Chancery Lane.
It's nice to have a workplace away from home.
I had meetings for the last couple of days, so I didn't go, but I took the opportunity to walk around East London.
This wall normally has commercial graffiti on it, advertising movies or gadgets, trying to make the companies look cool I guess. I was wondering what rubbish it would be this week, and happy to see that somehow it was something else entirely.

This is next to Haggerston Park, one of these ambitious yet melancholy painted scenes of local attractions... it shows the Brick Lane 24 hours Beigel Bakery, for example, which is actually a good long walk away. I know because I walked there. It's pretty cold today.

5 comments:

warriorgrrl said...

Your new studio looks lovely!

I keep seeing work by that graffiti artist around the place. There's some here in Bristol and when I was in Sheffield in December I saw some too:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/furryjumpergirl/8250546182/

We have a really beautiful Roa piece too, I'll try and photograph it before someone tags all over it!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Aw, do people tag over Roa? Tsk.

Rima Staines said...

Here's the artist Phlegm's post about this piece :) -
http://phlegmcomicnews.blogspot.com/2013/01/london.html

Bridget Strevens-Marzo said...

Yay - really great to have you in Courtyard studio Viv!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hello Bridget, and hooray! I like it here.