Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Moonpie, unhappy

I just painted a batch of Moonpies for a page of the new cat book, and just for a laugh put them all into  one animated gif.

As you can see, every time I paint a character, I paint them several times and pick the most suitable one, but in theory there's a little animation of discaredy-cats hidden in every scene.




That sofa, by the way, has by now been chewed, scratched, stained and patched up with Japanese sticky-tape. I'm planning to spend that much time building and distressing every bit of furniture in this book, and there's a lot of furniture.

This is where I realise that I ought to have scanned all the discarded attempts for the other two books instead of selling them off, then I could have handed them over to my publisher to make a cat app... ah well.