Wednesday, July 18, 2012

GARAGE SALE &tea party & potential drawing jam 5th OF AUGUST IN LONDON

OK so here is what's happening.
I am doing a garage sale because I'm moving to a smaller place.
And for the first time in a decade I have ACTUALLY sorted through ALL my stuff, so there is loads to be had for somewhere between free and cheap.
This includes old artwork, sketches, paintings, doodles...
This box is FULL by now, I took the picture when I was just starting to go through my old drawings. 
I am also going to have loads of copies of my own books there which I will happily sign and personalise for you. (Not just these - there are copies of the cat books as well.)

That's the last lot of stuff I just added to the pile, quite a good sample containing: a painting, some lovely vintage tumblers, a cute Japanese mug in the shape of a cat, a comic book and a huge wicker hamper containing WHO KNOWS WHAT. Multiply that in your mind by 1261276328764238472 and that's pretty much what's in my garage, waiting to be taken away by you.

There's also my CD collection, my vintage kitchen stuff, bags of clothes (size 8 to 10) and shoes (size 4ish), loads of weird objects I collected in charity shops, tins, tools (completely unused power sander, anyone?) art materials, my old desk which is covered in doodles and has a Useful Drawer For Stuff, kites, toys, sock monkeys, socks for making monkeys, assorted electronics, comics, picture books, in short everything you expect from a garage sale (bag of batteries! Might still work!) and then some.


I am planning to open the garage door at 11 and keep it open until maybe 5, or longer in case of nice weather and friends. I'll have cake and tea for visiting friends, and am hoping that some fellow artists will turn up to hang out and draw stuff, play cards, chat, and generally have a lovely Sunday.

So - please come round to Sternhall Lane, Peckham, London, on the 5th of August between 11:00 and 17:00. Look for the open garage. Brink a Ukulele, or some pencils, or a pack of cards, eat cake, drink tea, defend me from scary weirdoes, enjoy lovely East Dulwich/Peckham on a Sunday (it's the place to be!) and >>>>>TAKE AWAY MY STUFF!<<<<


2 comments:

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

I wish I lived closer- I'd do some serious shopping. Isn't it great to clear out stuff you don't need or want anymore?? So good for the psyche and for making way for the new.

Viviane Schwarz said...

It's the best!!! As you see, I still have loads of framed pictures... your budgies are in a hand-stained frame in the corridor, first thing to say hello to when one comes in. :)