Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cilip Greenaway, one

This year's Cilip Greenaway/Carnegie awards were my favourite event ever. Normally I am not that interested in awards, but this year there was a chance of something very exciting happening - and it did!! The book I wanted to win won BOTH awards, for best novel and best illustration: "A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness, Jim Kay, and Siobhan Dowd who began it but sadly died before she could actually write the thing. It's a masterpiece.

I cheered rather a lot, and then celebrated with the Walker Books team, eating many tiny cakes and drinking copious amounts of tea. We did well this year.
I took a good lot of pictures, but they haven't come back from the lab yet. I'll post them when they do.
In the meantime, here is a picture of myself at the awards, having an excellent time.
copyright CILIP & Terry Richards Photography
I did a fair bit of signing and being interviewed - my favourite question was: "So, are you from that country where vampires are from?"
("Nearly," I said.)

2 comments:

Dave Shelton said...

Cool outfit.

Emma said...

your hair looks amazing!