Monday, April 30, 2012

Typography

I'm still learning typography. It's starting to make a difference - I have favourite fonts now and I am starting to understand how to use them. But I do wake up in the middle of the night wanting to look at my font collection, or to check the kerning on the work I did in the evening. And I dream arcane and involved dramas about typefaces. Typefaces having trouble in school, growing crazy ligatures, getting divorced from their italics, running amok.
I made above drawing at six in the morning on my ipad because boyfriend was still asleep ( as I would normally be) and I didn't want to wake him up by booting up the computer to look at fonts. NO ONE NEEDS TO LOOK AT FONTS AT SIX IN THE MORNING.
By the way, THIS IS A GREAT BOOK, as this lovely lady recommended. Thanks, Dee!

No comments: