Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Almost Christmas...

I'm drawing rats every day. They are getting hairier and hairier. Half the book is drawn by now. Alexis came to visit and drop off some presents yesterday, and he said that the drawings were mad, but some of my best work yet.
I wasn't really aiming for a mad book, but I'm enjoying it immensely so that's ok.

I'm working late into the nights... it's great to be a freelancer. You can get up late and look like this and just start working in pyjamas.
I pretend it's for reference.

5 comments:

Emma Collins Ba (Hons) said...

Love the pirate rat :) and your hair looks awesome...you should see the crazy stuff my fringe does in the mornings (and days and nights)!

Maja said...

Hi,
Rats so far look fantastic! How long does it take you to sketch up a book? And what crayons are you using? I love trying new materials.

Happy holidays!
M

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

Sigh...I'm living vicariously through you now...With a kid, the late night stuff works, but I no longer get to sleep until I wake up naturally. I'm up to schlep the kid to school and that makes for being zoned out for the rest of the day....A few more years and he's off to school and I am resuming the life style of working in the twilight hours and then sleeping until I'm done...

Anyhow- not bad for bed head- really. Lot of people really work at that look- lots of carefully placed styling gel, strategic blow drying....

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hi Maja! I'm using Caran D'Ache Pablo crayons at the moment, and it takes me between half a day and two days per page... :)

Hey Steph, ARGH, I don't know if I could ever look after a child, so much transportation involved!!!!

Hi Emma!
Fringes, they are ALIVE.

Emma Collins Ba (Hons) said...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151101623860515&set=t.708750514&type=1&theater

That's a photo of me on Christmas day with terrible hair and a lovely fringe...

I need a haircut!