Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Crayons

Watching the other illustrators at the South Ken festival draw, I noticed how enjoyable crayons are... Kitty Crowther and Marc Boutavant both used them. It was especially charming to see Marc's normally flawlessly rendered creatures drawn in scribbly crayon.
So today I tried drawing my rats in crayon, tos ee if that's the look I'd like for my new book.
I'm quite pleased actually, that's the first drawings I really enjoyed for this project!
The mouth placement is still weird. I'll work it out.

4 comments:

Emma Collins Ba (Hons) said...

These are super cute :) maybe his mouth/teeth could be furthter away from the nose?...just an idea!

Did you get any pics from the book festival? would be awesome to see some!

Viviane Schwarz said...

I moved his mouth and teeth, much better now.

I hope someone took pictures and will send them to me!

Emma Collins Ba (Hons) said...

Awesome stuff :)

Me too! :D

Helen McCookerybook said...

Lovely colours!