Monday, October 17, 2011

Apple Crumble and a nasty word that has "ookkee" and "ping" in it.

Today I made an apple crumble, even though apples are on the list of things I'm not supposed to eat. I'm sure someone will want it, and it smells good, and I had lots of breadcrumbs saved up.
I'm not allowed any of the things I love to eat for a while, as it turned out that pickles are not a major food group for a REASON, no matter how much I like them. I have turned so acidy that I could spit in your eye and blind you, and the doctor says this needs addressing.
So I am having adventures re-discovering alternative tasty foods, today it was buttered corn on the cob.

I'm also still doing my annual bookkeeping, if you haven't heard from me in a while, that's why.

And I am editing the novel. I'm working on a couple of things that I remembered no one ever understood when reading the first draft, mostly why some of the characters feel and act the way they do. It turns out that just as not everyone thinks extra sour pickles make a lovely main dish not everyone has the same set of emotions and experiences as I do. So to make the tale a proper story I need to make the emotions and thoughts of the characters more clear. It's interesting work. Much preferable to bookkeeping.

I also have new layouts to work on for a new picture book - I'm supposed to get the artwork ready this year, so that's another thing keeping me busy.

All is well, and I do love autumn.

1 comment:

Paige Keiser said...

I can't eat those types of foods either, and I miss my sour pickles too (and coffee). Hope youre feeling better, I love your art work and amazing books! If your blog stats are filled by someone from virginia, that's me basically reading your entire blog while under the weather lol. TTFN!