Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Adventures in Ebooks

There has been much talk about authors and ebooks and how should it work and what are we doing and must we and do we want to and is the world ending.
I have come to the conclusion that obviously YES we must, and to find out how it works there is no better way than doing it, and yes I most certainly want to, and no the world probably isn't ending, but if so people might enjoy reading some books in the meantime.

So anyway, I have this novel that I wrote years ago, sent to some publishers and then put in a drawer even though they all said: My goodness, this is mad, but we would like to work on it with you. At the time I didn't feel like working on it at all, or even reading it again, because I wrote it during a time of considerable turmoil that I didn't want to be reminded of.
I always assumed it was a load of rubbish, but recently I decided to have a stab at editing it, and I discovered that actually it is rather wonderful. It's has a strange, vivid buzz to it like nothing else I've ever written. I enjoyed re-reading it very much.

So now I shall make it into an ebook. I'll edit the heck out of it until it's smooth and shiny (back then my grammar was even more eccentric than it is now, and I am sure there are some scenes in there that need not be, and two chapters are missing entirely). I will have it designed and formatted and then I'll get it out into the world. Let's see what happens!
I'm rather excited...

More soon!

BTW here is a chapter: http://vivianeschwarz.blogspot.com/2011/08/some-more-old-writing.html

No comments: