Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rat Designs

I'm designing characters for a new book... this one is particularly difficult, it needs to be a rat who is also a cute little girl. But not at all a mouse.




Otherwise, I spent the morning battling clothes. I decided it can't be good that I can never find anything in my wardrobe anymore, so I took everything out, put all the winter stuff and the things I love but don't wear at the moment into vacuum bags and put everything away again. This was far more epic than it sounds. Also now I have another huge bag to take to charity again, also including nice children's books that a child would enjoy more than I do.

I tidied the studio space as well and threw out a whole bin bag of spoiled materials, failed experiments and crumpled scraps.
Soon it will be time to sort my paperwork. But I don't want to think about that yet...


I'm really enjoying my new bike, exploring London while going from one place to another instead of just sitting on public transport is great fun. I just ordered some fancy hand-made Dutch panniers so I can transport art materials around more easily, and a big book on bicycle maintenance.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I am loving these drawings. They are so whimsical. I realise this is not what you want to hear and would prefer advice, but I have none. What can I say? I'm a fan-girl.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Feedback always welcome! Thank you very much ^_^ mostly I need this character to look loveable, so this is great!