Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Author Pictures...

...it's time again. I need to supply a picture of myself, and looking into the folder where I keep this kind of thing I find everything is out of date.
Here's my very first author's picture:
When I still had curls.
But it was a bit fuzzy, so instead I used this:
I refused to reconsider that one for ten years because it's black and white and looks like me and what else do you WANT you strange people! Then I had to admit I don't look like that any more, and changed to this:
But everyone agrees that looks NOTHING LIKE ME. To the extent that I've been at signings sitting next to it, listening to people complaining that I hadn't turned up yet.
Ah well.
Now I'm going through my photo albums, looking for something that definitely looks like me...
I think I'll go with this one which Sarah McIntyre took:

That should do, shouldn't it?
Or this?

6 comments:

Zazar said...

All great but I like your earliest one best Viv! Zx

ersi marina said...

I love the first and the last. Why don't you use them both as a split-image portrait?

Joel Le Blanc said...

Cat on the head! CAT ON THE HEAD!!

Bibi said...

j'aime beaucoup la première!
a victorian author with a cat!
Great!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yes the problem being the first one was actually taken in Victorian Times, I have aged since.

Sarah McIntyre said...

Ha ha! I love the first one, it still does look very much like you, actually. Just the hair's a bit different, but your hair's always changing. Glad you like the ice cream pic! Patrick Ness should feel honoured that his shirt gets a cameo appearance.