Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cute Rat

I started character designing for the new book today... I'm expecting the illustrations to go completely off the rails, so I want the first and central character you meet to be as clear and simple and agreeable as possible. As usual, I spent a lot of time working out the basic shape until decising that, as usual, the best basic shape is a bean shape.


Also Gwyn bought IKEA and we carried IKEA to his new flat and assembled IKEA, so I made us a quick achievement badge for that. Here it is. Now IKEA is at his flat, if you need anything.

5 comments:

billymcbrie said...

Just curious...Is this how you work? Finish one book, start the next? If so I'm ever so jealous.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Pretty much, sometimes they crash into each other though. I never work on more than two at once.
The pipeline is about ten books long. It takes me a relatively long time to make a book because I write them myself (with few exceptions) and they normally have some gimmick that I don't know how to implement successfully until I'm halfway through. The next one is written by someone else, so I hope I'll get some free brain space to keep writing the novel...

Viviane Schwarz said...

How else?

TIM HOPGOOD said...

Does Gwyn's flat now have a one way system and a secret short cut to the kitchen if you do a quick left by the front door?

Viviane Schwarz said...

Prettymuch...