Thursday, April 21, 2011

Secret Novel

I just made a secret blog containing only my new novel, to encourage myself to actually keep writing it all the way to the end... I allowed access to a few friends. - I'll show the rest of you some of the illustrations, though. Here's one.
The illustrations will all be done very quickly... I really want to get this done. This is digitally coloured pencil, by the way. A bit rough around the edges, but hey, it's done. It it ever becomes a book, I'll fix it.

6 comments:

Peter Bangs said...

When it becomes a book, don't fix it. This is perfect as it is. Like a cobination of Edward Ardizzone and Jules Fieffer with coloure reminiscient of Ludwig Bemelman. If the book is half as interesting as this illustration I'll buy a copy.

Viviane Schwarz said...

:) Thank you! That's really nice...
Oh, I just mean the digital fuzz around the edges, mainly. Should look more like real crayon. And be a little bit rounder. And there's some wrong shade of grey around one of the the foxes' eye... just things like that. I hope it will be a book one day!

Joel Le Blanc said...

Looking forward to seeing more of the illustrations. Ever since I read "The Fox Wife" by Kij Johnson I've been in love with foxes. Good luck with the project!

Maja said...

Looks great as is! Please don't fix it. Sometimes by refining it we lose the beautiful 'character' that was created in the first place.

I love your work and would love to read your secret novel. Best of luck with it!

Enjoy the long weekend. M

Katie said...

what a fantastic idea.blog book.

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

I agree with Peter and it's perfect. Just perfect. I love the textures in it, the simplicity , the feeling of it, the color...love it!