Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Late Night Drawing, Early Morning Drawing

Here I had forgotten that it was winter (I drew a coat and scarf on the girl later)

Now she has a coat but I still haven't noticed that I'm drawing completely the wrong character by mistake.

Stil the wrong character... which is a shame because I really like her in this drawing. The lady to the left is my mother.

Here still the wrong character is meeting my teenage self. I liked long black coats, and odd hats, and was usually carrying at least one book. Also this is my favourite cabinet there at the V&A, in the Japanese room.
At about 2:30 in the morning I finished drwing, then realised at last that I had been drawing the wrong girl all along, and replaced her:
For once I'm glad that most of my characters look pretty similar...
I finished at about half past three, and now it's all scanned in and I only have to draw about five pages that I left out earlier... all extra stuff like recipes and blueprints. Extra fun.

2 comments:

Sarah McIntyre said...

Wow, that's looking fabulous! Love all the versions of the girl.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you :)
It's a bit tragic that one of them is 4 and the other is 9, so the body shape is wildly varying in confusion... but that happens all through the book anyway.
It was great fun working from photographs for the background, I kind of hope I'll get to draw the prequel which should mostly be set in the V&A.