Friday, March 11, 2011

Knocked Out

Huah!
I just woke up holding an ice cold cup of tea. It took me a while to get my bearings - firstly, I was in Plymouth, teaching, now I am home in London, and secondly: That whole Earthquake/Tsunami thing actually was on the radio as I fell asleep (probably causing me to fall asleep, to stop worrying) - I didn't dream it. And also: I almost missed yet another family Birthday, even though yesterday I picked up those two little guys as part of a present to send (late as always). Which is why I finally woke up from persistent phone ringing.
My hair is as shocked as I am. I am truly sorry. Also very confused about it being dark outside. Also worried about the sudden suffering in the world.

I've never before missed anyone's birthday to to actually being asleep, I have, however, missed at least three this year already due to just being plain rubbish at it. No matter if I set reminders or not.

I think I could do with a weekend off. Not this weekend, maybe next weekend...
OK, new cup of tea coming up.
Huh, I feel weird...

2 comments:

Joel Le Blanc said...

I am currently living in New Zealand where we are still recieving a series of earthquakes and aftershocks. Last night a big aftershocks woke me up and had me rushing to the door. As it passed I yawned and said to my partner, "Well, guess it's time I normally get up anyway." He seemed confused and told me that it was only 2am.
Hahaha. Super disorientation!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Argh.
Even the slightest earthquake is so confusing... the magnitude of wide-spread confusion caused by this catastrophe is horrifying.

I shouldn't really mix it up with whingeing about sleep deprivation, but I've not managed to separate and sort my thoughts today.