It's almost out. Well, It'll come out in May. And yesterday I visited Alexis for dinner, and he surprised me with a proper bound copy of it that he'd picked up at Walker Books.
Isn't it cute? It's got a hole in the cover and everything.
- We covered up all the characters' heads for almost the entire book. I get very annoyed whenever people claim that we only connect with characters that have expressive faces. There are many other ways of being expressive and engaging, and here's my bit to prove it. You'll see.
- A really limited palette. The hamsters are orange. Some things are yellow. Everything else is just one colour, changing with the passing of time.
- An epic adventure tale that shows none of the actual adventure but is instead set in an entirely boring place.
- All sorts of hidden little plot hints just for fun that most people will never notice.
- And, yesss, a hole trough the cover.
And still, people read it and laugh and go aaaaaaawwww.
Basically, WE WIN.
Published by Walker books in the UK, Candlewick in the US, and all sorts of other places, including France and Germany. The German translation is lovely, which means at long last people back where I grew up can get involved.