Thursday, December 16, 2010

Why is it Snowing Upstairs?

Why is it snowing upstairs, mama
Every night when you put me to sleep
I can hear the snow-flakes falling
Like small feet crawling upstairs, mama


Isn’t there anyone living up there
Aren’t they home?
I can hear the snow fall, hear the snow fall
Won’t they be sad when there’s snow in the hall
And there’s icicles hanging over their heads
And there’s sheets of ice on their beds?

Aren’t they home?


Why is it snowing upstairs, mama
I had a dream about legs
Long leggy legs, crawling, crawling
Like snow-flakes falling upstairs, mama
Why is it snowing upstairs, mama
Every night when you go away


Sometimes it snows in the day




Why is it snowing so


Why does it


snow

That's a small song I wrote for a show years ago. I think the show never happened but I just found the words and thought: ah! Seasonal. So there you go.




(That's a song I wrote for a show some years ago, just found it and thought it's appropriate for the season.)

No comments: