Thursday, September 2, 2010

Moving! Moving! Moved!

So I got the keys to my lovely new house, and this is the first book I put on the huge shelf. I bought it the day before in a little bookshop near Hampstead Heath, and read it in bed and I loved it rather a lot. Very much recommended.
Anyway though, I am not writing a review (maybe I will later) because I'm tired, tired... so I'll just show you some pictures of the house, because I'm so pleased (and in case you want to move in - the room is still going).

I love my staircase. No idea why.
And here's a glimpse into my very kitchen. And some of the shelf, still needs painting some good colour. Tomorrow I'll go to the posh paint shop and have a serious talk with them about it. And I'll pick up some old wooden chairs, and paint them, too.
More soon, now I just want a cup of tea and a movie.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely. Paint the shelves white. White walls, white shelves. Then everything you put on them will look lovely and framed by the whiteness.

Lyn said...

this is the fun bit!
love
lyn
xxx

warriorgrrl said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful house? How did you manage to find such a mansion? Is it in North London?

Congratulations on the move!!

Kirsty said...

Nice!

I know exactly why you love your staircase.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thanks everyone! - Oh, I think I'll paint the shelf a colour, it just needs to be exactly the right one... I thought about white but I think it's worth the risk.

Lau: Nope it's in South London, just around the corner. But pretty, eh? It's got b&w checkered lino in the hall as well.

Sarah Dickson said...

wow your house is beautiful :)

Dave Shelton said...

Ooh. Looks lovely, Viv. I wish you every happiness there. And I hope you find a suitably lovely flatmate to complete the picture soon.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hah!
Today I shall go to IKEA and buy my very own cutlery, and then I expect people to start visiting :)

Barnaby said...

Congratulations Viv! Your new home looks lovely. I hope you'll be very happy!

debbieosborn said...

Congratulations on moving in your new home, it looks lovely. I hope it brings you joy! best wishes Debbie

Russet said...

what beautiful new house... and i am looking forward to seeing the new colour on your shelves...how exciting

Alexia said...

I haven't looked at your blog for ages - house looks pretty good, can't wait to visit!
Hmph. Imagine a book coming out while you're not looking. x

Anonymous said...

Happy New Staircase Viv! Your home has up and down and across - you deserve every dimension of it! It looks lovely like a clean spacious nest. Be very happy there, love Sarah xxxxxxxx