Monday, September 6, 2010

How Civilised

Gee. Now I have a TV (Freecycle, yay!) and a table with a fruit bowl on it. And tomorrow I'll paint the rest of the big shelf green - I went to my favourite paint shop and bought a tester of lovely lime green, and it looks just right. And right now I'm off to IKEA again to but curtain rails and fabric...
I'm also getting more mis-matched chairs when I find them, and I shall be painting or upholstering them red. That there brown chair will get a red seat soon, and I've spotted a lonely Edwardian chair at an antique shop which I shall haggle for. If you have any spare wooden chairs, I'd be happy to take them, I still need two more!

Argh, I love this house! It already feels so peaceful and happy...
They also just made my street a cul de sac, cutting off traffic from the main road, so it's super-quiet now despite being just around the corner from the main street... such joy.

I am still interviewing potential housemates, so keep spreading the word and listen out for nice people looking for a place to live in South London. Here's an ad to send them to.

4 comments:

Su Harris said...

It looks very homely, I'm sure you will be very happy there. The green looks lovely, one of my fav colours at the moment!

Sarah said...

Hurrah! So glad it's going well. The colours will look amazing!

silverpebble said...

Oh it looks like a very good place to live indeed. Very happy for you.

Viviane Schwarz said...

It'll be brilliant :) It's so nice already and every bit makes it nicer... I'm in love!