Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bikes, Goats, Monkeys.

I'm still cycling! To my own surprise.
First, I cycled with Sarah along the Thames for about 20 miles, apparently. We met some goats and found an amazing hidden reference library full of scrap books from the 70s.

I nabbed those from Sarah's blog - she has a proper report, and more pictures of me looking like a fool, which in this case I rather enjoy. There's no way of looking less than daft on my bike. I mean, look at it.

Anyway, I've been riding it to work and back and generally around the place, and I'm really rather fond of it by now, even though I am covered in bruises from mis-foldings and assorted things that happen every time it needs to travel up and down stairs. I also gave the new rental bikes a try which have popped up all over town, and I like mine a lot better. Those things weigh a ton, I was completely knackered after the first slight incline. For some reason the folding bike isn't tiring at all. Nor is it fast, admittedly.

Today I almost stayed off it after seeing a bad car wreck just by my bus stop, but then decided to keep going. I felt a bit rattled all day though... I am feeling a bit rattled anyway, moving house is very daunting. I expect it will be wonderful once it's accomplished, but right now it's just a matter of many large items being in the wrong place, one of them myself, basically.

I drew another page of comic today, meaning I'm well into the second chapter now, and I also took some time to paint some monkeys for the nice people who gave me a dinner table in exchange. Here's a stack of monkeys. I am keeping one myself, because it makes me smile, but they can choose from the rest. I suggested taking the two on the left in the photo as a set, because they shouldn't really be broken up I think, much funnier as a sequence.





I've got some more furniture for drawings offers, but no sofa yet! Come on!

Hm, I wonder if I should write a picture book about monkeys.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Streamers. Big, bright, bold streamers would make your bike look more ridiculous. In a good way. :-)

Anna x

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

You look very stylish on your bike!

Swati said...

I think you look good too.

And I would love to have some monkeys in a book!