Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Home

I just found my new home... that was a shock.
I went to look at a house nearby, not expecting much, and it was just what I'd imagined when I was a teenager. Modern, small, with big windows, somehow cosy and bright... the bathroom is tiny, and there is a garage which I will turn into a workshop. The garage was it, really. I've been wanting a place to make things for such a long time... of course I won't have much time to make anything when I'm working to afford the rent in the first place, but there should be weekends, and also maybe I can paint there. Selling paintings would be good. I wish it had a balcony, that's the one thing missing, but I will get an armchair to put by the window.

Oh my goodness, I am feeling dizzy. Not really happy yet, or relieved, just in shock. But I know that a few hours ago when I was inside the house I felt completely happy and at home. None of the other places did that. It's also because it is in an area I know and love. I will be able to keep going to all the same places... there's still the direct train to town... there's still the lovely food shops and the library and the cafe and the bookshop... and the park... all still there!

Oh dear... I think I shall fall asleep on the spot.

But anyway! I will be needing a housemate, so if you are interested or know someone who is, get in touch. Double size bedroom, own bathroom and - if wanted - a shared workshop.
I'll advertise properly soon.

6 comments:

Magic Cochin said...

You must be shivering with excitement! I remember buying my first flat - a scary big step...

This place sounds perfect - must have been waiting for you :-)

Viviane Schwarz said...

I'm just renting - but it feels like I'm buying! Yes, I think the place is exactly right. Now I just need the right housemate! I better start advertising ASAP so I have someone when I move in...

Swati said...

Hurray!

Dave Shelton said...

Congratulations, Viv. Sounds great.

And now you get to stop looking - which must be a relief.

How long till you move?

Viviane Schwarz said...

First of September, if it all works out. And I shall look at no flat ad for at least a year now. Hurrah.
Am still feeling more shocked than anything, though... I am determined to amke it a super-nice place, in any case, and people must visit.

Sarah said...

Hurrah! Let's have a tea party when you move in. I'll bring tea and a party! ;)

Make sure you shout to all your friends when time comes to shift stuff.