Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Doodling Jumblies

I didn't have much time to work on the Jumblies today, I just leafed through my reference books for the diving scene I'm planning and drew some Jumblies in while thinking about what to do.
These are from "The Private Life of Animals Series: Animals of Oceans and Deep Seas" published in 1971, fascinating book actually, full of odd little scenes that might or might not have happened somewhere under the sea. I bought it on Deptford market for 50p last week.

Now it's time to colour a spread of the graphic novel, wish me luck, I hope I drew the linework well this time. I'll see.

2 comments:

Swati said...

What a beautiful book! At first I thought your jumblies were a part of the illustrations themselves, done up in a different style so as to stand out. Like them too. But most of all, envious of the bargain you got it for!

silverpebble said...

Goodness, that sunfish hardly looks real!