Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Waiting

Sigh.

I'm waiting in for a delivery, and am too tired to cook lunch... if I cook when I'm this tired I set fire to stuff... didn't sleep well at all last night... I would go out for coffee but I don't know when that delivery will arrive... and my roughs are at the publisher's, so I can't quite practise drawing scenes from the comic... and the only think I can convincingly make up is what I'm doing myself...
Waiting, waiting, waiting, thinking about food... if I take a nap, will I hear the doorbell?

In any case, pencil drawing is the way to go. This looks MUCH better I think.

I'm hoping someone's enjoying seeing my hit-and-miss approach to finding the right technique for a book. I've never been much concerned with style, I just draw the way I draw, really, so it's all about finding the process that makes my drawings look most suitable to the task at hand.

The name of that bear, incidentally, is Bonifacius.

4 comments:

Rima said...

I'm loving these Viv :)
Particularly smiled at the bear disturbed by the light!!
Keep going!

Eric Orchard said...

I'm loving them too! Bonifacius is brilliant. I really like this approach, the pencil and colour, it suits your characters.

Sarah said...

Hello, Bonifacius! He is very bonny faced.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you! Hmmm, I am enjoying drawing these guys small with pencils, I think that'll be it.

He is a bonny bear, is Bonno...