Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My reference sheets...

Am I doing this the right way around? I think so. After drawing all the roughs, I'm starting on the reference sheets, picking out the best sizes for all the characters... here are some... the monkey and dog were a bit smaller than expected.
...and, finally, making a note of how the sheep's noses look. They all have different noses, which settled over the course of drawing the roughs. And eyes, and stances, actually. And sleeves, that was a surprise, sheep have different style sleeves. Maybe you can't tell from these scribblings, but I can, which is the main thing at the moment...
Now it's high time to finalize the other characters, work out how baggy Bear's fur actually is and whether Monkey has a stripy belly and all that.

2 comments:

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

Hehehe, I love that it's like a police line-up!

Sometimes people get really excited if I let them flip through my sketch book, but then are disappointed that nearly every sketch is like your sheep sleeves: completely obvious to me, but a huge mess of scribbles to anyone else.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yes, it was a bit like: "Hold still! Heels to the wall! For goodness' sake..."

Yeah, my sketchbooks are full of notes and scrawly scribbles... many people's are I think. I don't like working out the basics too slowly.