Monday, June 7, 2010

The Black-and-white Sheep

Testing testing... testing line, size, tone, colour... not too neat! No, neater! Draw some shadows! Aaaah, look what you've done now, it's all smudgy! Quick, some flat black! More texture! Aaaah, overworked!
Am enjoying shouting at myself - no pressure, I can always just draw it all in pencil if this doesn't turn into a sensible technique eventually.
Mentioning digital colouring: colourlovers is a brilliant place to find inspiration for limited palettes. But remember: using other people's palettes commercially without permission is wrong.

This is the Black and White Sheep, doing some beast-whispering.
His name isn't mentioned in the book, but I am telling you here that it's actually Gregor Nebel. Just so you know slightly more because you're reading my blog.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Cool, good luck with the experimenting, looking lovely!

Hey, guess what, I'm going to the Carnegie/Greenaway ceremony on the 24th! Nikki needed someone to review it, so I jumped at the chance. Maybe I should bring pompoms and cheer you properly. :D Or feed you mojitos afterward if the judges are silly. But I will give them evil looks if they are.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Oh yay! Mojitos and pom poms!
That IS going to be a great evening :D I'm glad!

Sarah said...

I think it is the daytime! But that is okay, more mojito time (which we can have regardless of whether the judges were silly or not).

Viviane Schwarz said...

True! Sheesh I should really check what time things happen.

That day, any time is Mojito time as far as I'm concerned.

Argh, I don't have a dress yet... the one with the birds on is a bit too wonky I think...