Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Two days out

Well, my cold arrived at last, and I lost two days of working time because I was in bed whimpering miserably. I don't know why at the moment every bug I get turns into something blubbery and painful. But now I feel better, and I shall have a careful cup of coffee if my stomach permits it, and then I'll try and get back on track.
Also my tax bill arrived, I'd been wondering why it hadn't yet. - Well, it claims to be a second bill, plus interest. I'm sure the first one never got here, but then I get mis-mailed Inland Revenue letters for three or fours different people regularly, I guess my first bill is unopened in the corridor of some other house. - And I also got four catalogues all from the same art suppliers. Somewhere, computer errors are happening. Must they happen when I'm feeling sorry for myself already?
Culturally:
I finally got around to reading "The Road", and was impressed.
I bought Joanna Newsom's new triple album. I don't "get" it yet, although I'm glad her voice seems to have un-cramped. I liked the earlier sound but it did sound like it might hurt to do that regularly.
I missed several art events, two or three. Sorry.

Oh, and here's something brilliant: Matthew uploaded a new performance of "Nosferatu and Me", one of my favourite songs of his, and now he also plays the guitar.

3 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

Argh. Joanna Newsome is playing here on the 13th but I don't have money until after, Argh. Life unfair etc....

Word verification: tolingwi

Candice Hartsough McDonald said...

oh i'm so glad you mentioned the joanna newsome album. i am never quite up to speed on people and their work, and didn't even know she had a new one out. i love her other two. i requested it from the library, and am number 43 in line. looks like i'll be waiting awhile ...

Viviane Schwarz said...

Argh yes! That is unfair.

Am still listening to the album, still don't know why it has to be 3 discs long, but I've not had a multi-disc album yet where I haven't wondered that.