Monday, March 1, 2010

Building sets...


I just spent half the night learning google sketchup so I could build a 3D model of the house my comic is set in because I don't want to spend ages puzzling out the perspective later... the ground floor is almost done. The garage was the hardest part, I never planned for a garage when I first made this story up...
The furniture is mostly place holders to tell me "insert actual piece here", I'm not going to actually trace it off, else it would be a very eclectic household.

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

You did this after just one night learning! Well done!

Sketchup's great - I really need to learn it properly. I have used it once for perspective in an illustration - but I told my brother what to do and he was the one that actually did it.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Woo hoo!
I built some more sets since... it really helps me to imagine the places, hopefully it'll help with the drawing, too...

I'm still not completely sure how it all works actually. Just understood how to move things properly at last. It's really worth watching the instruction videos...