Saturday, February 6, 2010

Weeding

Argh, there's too much paper in this room...
I've started to go through it all and throw away as much as possible. Old printouts, bad drawings, reference I won't need any more. - I think I'll use sketchbooks less in the future because it's really frustrating to have those books of which only a couple of pages are actually worth keeping, and endless pages of now-pointless scribbles completely swamping them. I used to tear out the useful pages and recycle the rest but there's something unpleasant about torn-out pages, they remind me of those book-breaking shops selling "antique prints".



Still, it's very very pleasing to look through the reduced paper piles of just the best rough sketches and preliminary drawings, and only the most interesting magazine clippings.
The one thing that's really hard to throw out is nice scrap paper, old envelopes, tea-stained notepaper, old wrapping paper, card backing and such - it feels like throwing away potential drawings. I think that means I should make more use of the stuff so it won't pile up the way it does.

Ugh... and there are still several boxes of old paper under my bed, and on top of the wardrobe... I think I'll take a break now.

2 comments:

meyerprints said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Viviane Schwarz said...

What's it with the spammy comments of late? I'm deleting several every morning these days...