Monday, February 1, 2010

Starting to move studio again.

Today I'll go and buy a new trolley bag (my old one broke when an offer on jars of tomato sauce at LIDL coincided with a month of not feeling inspired to make my own). Then I shall take it to the studio and grab all the pens and notebooks, empty my desk and measure my plan chest. I have a nasty feeling it won't fit back out through the door. I very much want to keep it though.
I wish I had loads of money, then I'd rent an empty well-lit concrete space that smells of paint and sawdust and move everything in there, and add a sturdy workbench and an animation table... and hang tools on the wall and put pots of glue and paint and jars of nails and buttons on the shelf... well, maybe next year.

Phew, I hope I can donate more books, they take up so much space! Loads of them I have to keep because they are interesting foreign editions of my own books or because they are out-of-print titles that I know I couldn't get again. - It irks me because I don't really USE them. I wouldn't keep clothes or crockery that I use that rarely.
Ah well... could be worse, could be designer chairs or dried prize pumpkins.

4 comments:

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

I miss details all of the time when I'm reading, but movie to another studio? Well- it is a very appropriate time of the year for changes......

Viviane Schwarz said...

Nah I'm just going home again. The studio didn't work out for me, too much like working in an office... I'm just storing things at home now and working in cafes and suchlike places.

Swati said...

Oh, you had been so excited about the studio move. Pity it didn't work out, but your cats are coming along well :)

If I was nearer, I would have offered to take the books off you but shipping books is terribly expensive so that is out of the question! Hope they find nice homes.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Ah, I think I'll have to keep the books I still have. One more bag went to charity, but now it's all treasures of some sort!

Thanks about the cats, I must try harder to make them kitteny...