Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sniff

I have a cold. Everyone in the house has it. It's boring.

Also it's still snowing. I wonder how long until they start putting salt on the streets in this city. Salt is bad for trees, but I can't think of anything else that would work. Am kind of worrying they might waste money on snowploughs to push the thin blanket of snow around when the ice is the real problem. The snow never gets too deep here to require anything more than winter tyres but the ice is awful. You can see it forming - it snows, it thaws, it freezes, sometimes within the hour, I'm watching it happen on my balcony while sniffling.

Shall read some more, Earth Sea books at the moment.

2 comments:

Sue Eves said...

We've been passing round the cold this holiday too.

I'm not sure which would be worse, running out of salt or running out of tissues.

Get well soon!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you!
Oh I hope you don't have it right now!
Bleeeeh it's so boriiiiiing. And now my lungs are getting blubbery.
Bleeeh.