Thursday, January 21, 2010

Paperwoooooooork

Paperwork! Paperwork! I am finishing my paperwork today!
Uggggh, paperwork. It's not even complicated maths. I just don't get on with paperworks. Even if it were just one form with one tick box saying "would you like to tick this box, yes/no" I would need a week's run-up to get it done. I want an assistant. I have this suspicion, however, that unless I'll get good at doing paperwork I'll never be able to afford an assistant to do it for me.

I fell asleep listening to a lovely Librivox reading of The Hound of the Baskervilles and woke up to "Wake Up" by the Ditty Bops. And in-between I dreamt that I met an old friend in the street, said hello, and when he had walked on someone said "I know him, he was in dirty movies, but now he's on Coronation Street", which made me laugh in my sleep. - I've started using my dream diary again, because it's almost time to start drawing the nightmare comics I'm contracted for. So far the dreams are all silly, but normally interesting ones come around eventually when I keep writing them down.

2 comments:

alexia said...

You know, you can get an accountant to do your tax for about £200... and you can just hand him/her a shoe box full of receipts, a few scribbled notes and wad of Bac's advice slips from your publisher and s/he'll hand you back a filled-in tax return...

Viviane Schwarz said...

Ugh. I want one. I just don't know where they keep them. I definitely feel like I'm having more that £200's worth of stress every year... Right now I wish I were drawing pictures for money.

Everyone I ask tells me their accountants are rubbish, as soon as I hear of a good one I'll definitely jump on them...