Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Traffic Lies

It's still raining. I got rained on again, this time in Hyde Park which felt kind of glamorous, also I now have waterproof Mascara.
The rain I don't mind, I'm used to it now. But somehow the damp weather seems to be messing with the transport announcement systems. After the bus that lied to me a few days ago, telling me I had arrived when I had NOT, today I sat on a train to Victoria that was convinced to be travelling in the opposite direction, leisurely and reassuringly ticking its way to Bexleyheath. - So that one did not fool me, but the bus back home did. It took me right past my door and didn't stop, because the BUS STOPPING sign was stuck, so I did not ring the bell. I had a brief argument with the driver and am now feeling that particular frustration experienced when not being able to explain what you are annoyed about because the other party is a bus driver, and they actually are almost always right, YES, EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE TIME AND I'M JUST SAYING YOUR SIGN IS BROKEN, JUST STICK SOME TAPE OVER IT OR SOMETHING, BECAUSE... yeah... whatever.

On the other hand, I do get to live in London.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh you mustn't ever travel by bus in Bristol then because most of the drivers here are SO RUDE!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Ah, they seem ok here, considering they seem to get shouted at all day at by people who are confused about the system or fed up with sudden changes in routes and schedules and all...