Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Skies, light, colours...



I'm adjusting the colours in the book I'm working on today, trying out dramatic and pretty-blue skies, different shades of night blue and sea green, and sea blue and night green, mid-morning yellow glow and different sorts of haziness and shadow. I've got the feeling I'll end up learning something very useful, but until then I try my best not to get cross with the slightly hideous and uncanny results.

Also the milk in this tea is ever so slightly off. Bleh.

2 comments:

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

Great colors.

Phooey about the milk...I just HATE that...

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank you! - It is slowly coming together, it's surprising how easy it is to make a sky look frightening rather than exciting. I think I'm lost in the uncanny valley with some of this.

Yes, milk that's not quite off is a sad substance. Like ever so slightly rancid butter, too.