Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fairy Dust

Today I saw a girl put on perfect eye makeup on the bus, that included some nimble eyelash curling action.
Then I had meetings about three books - one was all script editing, turns out my script can mostly stay as it is, except for one scene which needs to be much bigger, and now I think I know 90% of how to re-write it. Then we looked through the second book and I delivered some sheets of bits and bobs that will be scanned so I can scatter them around on the pages where they are still a bit empty-looking. Then I had to paint some pages of magic fairy dust, because we decided the third book could do with a dose of that. The fairy dust came out well, and I had time left to note down some scenes and the ending of my novel. Then I went back home to cover the birds, and got a front seat on the top of the bus which never happens normally (I always have to stand at the back wedged between six tired people, typically).
When I got home there was a tree in the corridor, still cold from the outside world. I shall help decorate it when I'm fully awake again. Right now I am sitting in bed eating crisps and drinking a very small glass of port, feeling mentally drained and liking my life. I guess this is the sort of day that people who think I have days like this every day think I daily have.
Not so. It's particularly good.
:)

(Only boring bit: the rechargeable batteries I bought were all empty. Surely they should then call them "chargeable batteries"?)

4 comments:

Sarah McIntyre said...

My batteries were pretty low on charge, too. Boo.

But nice about the tree and fairy dust!

Swati said...

I think I'd like to see some fairy magic dust too :)

Viviane Schwarz said...

I'll bring the charger in tomorrow! Bought one on the way back home...

Jessie said...

Sounds like a good day!x