Sunday, November 15, 2009

Skerple

*cough*

Okay, I have a cold now. It's not too bad, I'm sneezing my way through rolls of paper and my voice sounds funny.
My flatmate is packing for his drawing trip to the Galapagos, he's been training for weeks now, working out his perfect utility belt and action-man drawing vest filled with materials, designing a drawing paper carrier bag stapling a ribbon to his hat so it won't blow into the sea. He's looking rather awe-inspiring by now. In five weeks' time he'll return with studies of giant tortoises and blue-footed boobies and I hope I won't have withered away with loneliness in the meantime. There's such an air of going-awayness in the house that I can't quite believe that I'm staying here...

So I'll be using the studio more again - I'm already making plans what to put on my shelves at last. So far I've been using the place for art material storage mostly which I've been busy writing at home. Now I need to get going on some comic characters, and maybe a new promo section for my website with papercraft cats...

Ah, and also: my new favourite marker pen. I just like the name.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Yay for Sharpie! I love my Sharpie too. It'll be more of a shock when he gets back, you'll realise how quiet it's been I expect. ;)x

Dave Shelton said...

More pen talk. More, I say!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Mmm, pens.

Must say, Skerples ain't bad actually - nice and chunky. I think I might try and find a whole pack of black Skerples in case I do that cardboard workshop again.

Sarah said...

Yay, it'll be great to see you in the studio! :D