Saturday, November 14, 2009

Marvellous Dress Finished!

I finished the dress last night just before midnight while watching some classic Star Trek to keep me going. By the end I couldn't make sense of any of the dialogue any more... I felt a cold coming on and wanted to get it done before that arrived... and I managed! Ha haa!

marvellous dress

Here's the front - I decided on a different part of pattern because the guys lean towards the middle so nicely there...

marvellous dress

...and the Silver Surfer still gets pride of place. Also my friend suggested the Hulking Butt. And the Green Goblin just obliged all by himself there, with his evil eye exactly where the button will go (so far it's still a badge holding it up).
I still need to adjust one shoulder a tiny bit but otherwise... DONE!

Am very proud, that was my first venture using a bought pattern instead of copying another dress.

P.S. yes the pattern pretty much matches up at the seams, would you believe it.

4 comments:

the fastener said...

wow this is awesome - just found you via knitshade, loving your work, love the fastnener :)

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hooray! Thank you :)

clare said...

Fab dress! Also found you via knitshade : )

Jessie said...

I had to look twice at this picture as the colours of the dress looked surreal until I noticed what you'd done there! ;) Well done BTW!