Sunday, October 18, 2009

Paperwork

Argh. It's tax return time, and my back hurts. Too many scraps of paper. I'm sorting the ones that can easily be sorted, and making a heap of ones that need dating or indeed pricing... then there will be a round of putting them in order, and then a round of checking through my emails to see if I forgot anything big, and then I need to sort through my bank statements to nail the few last bits. It'll be very neat when it's done. At the moment it's mostly three boxes full of paper scraps.

paperwork heroics

So I bought a superhero bedspread to cheer myself up, I'm sitting on it to do the paperwork, and when that's done I'll cut it up and make it into a dress.

Please send me entertaining things, I am bored stupid and this will take some more days.

3 comments:

alexia said...

Hang on, what do you mean 'Tax Return Time'. You being sensible and doing mid-year accounts or do you mean you are trying to get last years tax return in by the paper deadline? Not do it online?

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yep, I'm still running on paper deadline. I keep the online deadline as a backup - in case I don't get it done in time... I hate this year's especially much. Haven't found two major pieces of electronics documented as yet... sigh.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Brr. I can never work out if it would be sensible to collect the receipts at the end of every month. It seems kind of right to just chuck everything in a box and then deal with it in one week of horror. Making it as easy as that - put everything that matters IN THE BOX NOW means I never lose any papers. Yet... every autumn, what a load of PAPER in NO ORDER AT ALL...