Monday, October 19, 2009

NaNoWriMo Approaching


It's almost November! Which means that soon my tax returns form has to be out of the house and on its way to Glasgow, but more importantly it means another month of frenzied typing trying to write a 50,000-word novel. Yayyy! It's almost NaNoWriMo already!
This time it'll be something experimental that I wouldn't write otherwise, to keep me from getting precious about it (which is what happened last year after two weeks or so). I won't be writing it in order, but in a jumble of scenes which I'll shuffle about in Scrivener to keep myself amused. It'll be autobiographical every time I can't think of anything better and wildly made up when I can.
Come on, join up, what else are you going to do while Winter creeps up on you... get yourself one of these blankets with sleeves on, think up a password and a title... add me as your writing buddy - and in two week's time, LET'S GO!

Oh and mentioning Scrivener (again, I'm still in love with it you see) - they are doing a rather brilliant deal for NaNoWriMo. You can try the program for free, and if you manage to hit the word count by end of November and want to buy it it's 50% cheaper. Here's the special trial version.

No comments: