Thursday, September 24, 2009

Plum Jam

My backpack is packed- there isn't an inch of space, it's all full of mum's old elegant clothes she's been fixing up for me all week. I shall look glamorous and German from now on.
All the computers appear to be fixed, including the PC From Hell which has all the latest technologies fighting one another.
And my mum and I are making plum jam.


See, I do other things too here, not just computer fixing. The plums are from my sister's plum tree, she gave us a whole bucket to use after feeding us some lovely plum cake. The neighbours visited and refused to eat any because they have a plum tree too. I think when they first moved in they met each other halfway between the houses both carrying a bucket of plums each as a welcome present... well, it's an unusual delicacy for me, so I figured taking a preserve would be rather brilliant and clever.

Tonight I'll fly back to London, I hope I can fit a small jar of jam into the luggage... I hope I won't see another windows pc for the rest of the year.

1 comment:

Swati said...

Hope you managed to get the plum jam back home. And we'll be waiting to see the glamorous you :)