Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday, it seems

Hm. Odd day. Nothing in particular needs drawing right now, except for one picture that I can't quite get right yet. So I tidied up and then contemplated going into town to buy an e-reader, I tried out my new extra fine brush-pen, and I didn't quite do any novel-writing. Instead I depressed myself looking at the Derren Brown Lottery number thing on youtube. I'm not great at guessing how things are done, but that seemed so shrugsworthily easy to do with video editing that it made me worry to think that anyone would believe it's some sort of special mind science. If I ran a cult I'd be on the internet now taking down contact details of daft people. Huff. Got my attention though, I hope he'll do something baffling next.

Now I shall go for a walk to buy vegetables, have a big salad, drink copious amounts of tea and try and write something good...
I do hope I'll get the files for the picture book I'm working on soon, even though that'll mean many hours of photoshopping, I'm itching to put that book together.

5 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

Love these kind of posts.Freelance life.Sigh.

Dave Shelton said...

Ooh, tell me about the extra fine brush pen... What type? Where from? How much? How is it?

Viviane Schwarz said...

Yeah, the sort of day when you have to look up what month it is...

Yay! Pen! It's a Pentel, but a standard squishy one rather than the hard-cased calligraphy sort. It's rather lovely to draw with on smooth paper. I got it along with my latest Dinkybox order for a treat.

Reminds me, a friend of mine had a slightly odd Japanese fountain pen that I liked, seemed quite cheaply made but it had a nib with the tip bent up in a way that was ever so pleasing to draw with... not quite like a calligraphy pen. Do you know if they have different standard writing nibs over there?

Dave Shelton said...

Can't think of the Pentel you describe. Clearly I must return to the Fleece Station sometime (with cheesecake) and see it for myself.

I know nothing about Japanese nibs, I'm afraid.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Really not? Oh! Bring cheesecake, contemplate international pens.
I think I might order more different size brush pens... hm...