Friday, September 4, 2009

Inky sheep and Ukulele visits

Ah, what a lovely day.
Alex Milway visited at the studio and brought his ukulele (which was fun) and we talked inks and pens and papers - I was inspired to finally try and draw in non-repro blue pencil on bristol board and ink over it, which felt very proper. Neither blue pencil nor bristol board I had gone near to ever, as far as I can remember.
Now I've scanned the drawing in, did my best to lose the blue line and coloured it quickly, and, well, I think it's quite nice actually. Yay.

Expect to see more of these sheep, by the way. they are from a thing what I'm working on. Yes.

Argh, hungry! Must cook dinner...

6 comments:

Jessie said...

I love your SHEEP!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Thank yoooou :)

Swati said...

They made me smile too. Also, what were you using to remove the blue lines: select colour and replace? Or something like that?

Viviane Schwarz said...

I dropped all cyan and blue out in hue/saturation. Probably not best ever solution. Would have preferred to do it in channels but got confused.

Swati said...

Oh, then perhaps simple desat would have worked as well? But yes, I know channels would have been better. My photoshop has become rusty too. Why is this skill so darn easy to forget?!

Viviane Schwarz said...

MM no, desat would just turn the blue grey, and levelling that out would mess up the ink-line...