Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Colouring...

I'm very much at work colouring a picture book that I'm really enjoying... it's very difficult, but despite the fact that I'm re-doing the same spread for the fourth time today and that the file sizes are getting mind-boggling (to me, and probably my mac mini, too) I am really, really pleased about how it's going.
Yesterday I spent some time just zooming around in the pictures looking at all the lovely line and texture... here's a detail close up. I've never done a book that's so nice to look at close up!



It is challenging... I'm trying to do some clever things involving limited palette and changing light conditions... Well, once I've got it worked out it should all be quite straight-forward.

And then I can get properly started on the graphic novel! Hurrah!!

3 comments:

Swati said...

This is digi-paint? Great!

Sarah McIntyre said...

Ooo, pretty!!! Are you serious, that's digital? Doesn't look it at all!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Rather digi, this, yes. Am still working out how to use the photoshop chalk.