Monday, August 17, 2009

Some Views

The house boat that my friend Alexia is living in is moored behind Paddington station at the moment, so I went to visit her... I was very impressed. Everything on it is tiny and adventurous, especially the harpsichord.

london canal

I also went to have my hair cut. While I was waiting I watched a lady with a short backed bob cut another short backed bob, then it was my turn and I asked for a bob but not too short at the back. She frowned, pointed at her head and said "if it's a bob it will be like this". "Um, ok then" I said. She cut the back, showed it to me and asked: "Like that?" "Yes, that's good" I said and she cut off some more. Then she moved my side parting to the other side and cut the front. I figured better just let her do her thing...
Came out quite nice, I think, if unexpected.

Then I went home, and for quite a stretch of the way I walked behind a lady who I couldn't help noticing had the most beautiful legs I've seen on a woman. I wondered if she looked nice from the front, too, but she didn't turn around. Then she passed a little boy and his dad walking the other way, and the boy stopped and did an excited whooping dance, jumping up and down and pointing at her back. The dad said in an educational sort of a voice: Yes son, she is hot. - She disappeared down the road still without turning as I unlocked the door. I noticed that cars and bikes driving by were moving erratically as they passed her. I really wonder what she looked like from the front now.

3 comments:

Eric Orchard said...

I love this post.

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

It's funny trying to communicate with people who do hair...I've learned that a "warm color" means red and that asking for more of a "gold color" means orange...I always bring in a picture now of exactly what I mean...Anyhow, I'm sure you look great.

That's funny about the woman with the legs! I bet you'll be keeping an eye out to see if she comes back...I would be.

Viviane Schwarz said...

It is like that! I'm glad I came across that place for having my hair cut, so far it always came out really good...

I'm sure the lady would be easy to spot from a helicopter, just by watching the traffic patterns. She must see a lot of car crashes.