Sunday, June 7, 2009

Drawing Pirates

Thought it would be nice to show you what's going on on my desk today.



Drawing pirates is surprisingly fun - I am still having trouble fitting both the parrot and the hat in at the same time. Also must get some parrot reference. And remember to put a paper under my drawing hand BEFORE I smudge the lot.

Anyway, this is me working things out for a story that a friend wrote, which I think is rather excellent. I must ask her what she thinks of this guy, and if she likes him I'll try and draw him in ink, and if not, well, I'll draw someone else.

By the way, I think it's really funny how my left hand keeps hiding from my right hand. Never noticed that before.

4 comments:

Swati said...

Fascinating to watch :)

orchard lenny said...

Hi! Can I ask, what is the time lapse software you are using with your webcam? So very cool. It must be so nice to be able to make these little videos!

Viviane Schwarz said...

Hello!
It's iStopmotion, very nice program all round! Works with proper video cameras as well.

orchard lenny said...

Ah, heard of iStopmotion but never seen it in action. Thanks!
Another lovely visit to Schwarzville...