Friday, May 29, 2009

Strangely busy unplanned day, but great!

Ah! I am awake.
Yesterday was an odd day. The one thing that I was sure would happen didn't - my new glasses weren't ready at the opticians.
Otherwise - I started looking for a studio to share with Sarah McIntyre and Gary Northfield, somewhere in South East London. If anyone has recommendations for spaces, let me know! It's a sudden flurry, we only had the idea the day before I think... or the same morning??? It's an excellent plan, anyway.

Then I felt inspired to cook a chicken in wine, and got a bit depressed because even though I chucked in a big handful of all the herbs from my balcony garden I couldn't taste any of them. My sense of smell is still down after that stupid cold.
Then, suddenly, it was time to go to the Illustration Cupboard and meet Shaun Tan - except that I didn't, too crowded! I just listened to his brief talk and thought he seemed very nice. Flatmate braved the dense crowd and high temperature to get our books signed, which resulted in my copy of "The Arrival" getting accidentally signed to him. Fair enough, serves me right for standing outside in the cooler air chatting to people and drinking elderflower cordial.

Here we are, in Sarah's write-up, and I note I am always wearing the same jacket and scarf in public. Hm!

All in all, the day was so much unlike planned that in the end I decided it was the perfect night to impulse-buy an ipod. Which means now I've spent the money I had earmarked for a new outfit. Expect more sightings of me in mud-coloured little jacket and Watership Down scarf.

No comments: