Saturday, May 2, 2009

Some Paintings

So my parents will come around to celebrate my dad's birthday in a bit. I finally managed to finish the green dog painting which I started as a present for him last year (huh) - it came out a bit odd, but then all my paintings do. I'm not a painter by nature (or education).
Here are some of my paintings, see what I mean...



I do enjoy painting them, though. And no, I have no idea what that mini bunny is doing on that phone box or whatever it is.

I'll give him the Moon Lady too, but not the donkey. Although I think the donkey is quite good, and maybe they could frame it somewhere by the phone, and whenever they think it would be a good idea to remind me that I can still study to become a qualified primary school teacher they could look at it and see how I feel about school: sticks, carrots, mad grinning donkeys. - Not quite the right thing anyway.
Actually, I do like schools. If I'm just visiting. I really really spent enough time in school as far as I'm concerned.

Otherwise... I'm trying to understand how to collaborate on projects over the internet, with all the files being swapped about on servers. I hope I'll be able to work on short films and such with my creative friends abroad. It's rather exciting. Also got a program for scripting comics. Seems useful.
We'll see!

3 comments:

tlc illustration said...

These are wonderful! Love the moon-woman - she feels very... primal? (

Tasha at Children's books for grown-ups said...

I really like the moon woman, and the green dog too. Did your dad like him? I used to work at Walker and loved your books.

Viviane Schwarz said...

Ha thank you! My dad liked the dog, but I gave him a parrot painting instead of the moon woman.
Hello Tasha! Oh, that is nice... did we meet then?